5 Healthy Habits for Body and MindPosted by FJ Leto on August 26, 2021
Here at Juice Dr., we’re no strangers to busy, just like you. No two days look alike and some are certainly harder than others.
No matter what we have going on, on any given day, there are a handful of things that are always on our to-do lists, without fail. These things may seem simple enough, and they’re supposed to! Yet, when practiced on a daily basis, you just may find your days running a bit smoother and for those days that don’t, the ability to roll with the punches and handle with ease.
- First and foremost comes planning ahead. Busy week at work? Kids have endless homework and practice? Get a head start on your week by planning your meals ahead of time. No more scrambling at five o’clock wondering what’s for dinner. We like to plan the work week out, but find your rhythm and go with it. This also goes for snacks too! Know you’re going to be running from here to there and everywhere in between? Pack some healthy snacks, toss them in your bag and you’re good to go. No vending machine blues for you!
- Move your body! Get up and move each and every day! If your days look anything like ours, they fill up quickly. Get up 20-30 minutes early and start your day with some exercise, this could include gentle yoga or stretching. If getting up any earlier isn’t in the cards for you, just be sure to incorporate at least 20-30 minutes of exercise into your daily routine. Regardless of what or when you do it, just move that body!
- Journal. Stay with me here. This does not mean you need to set out to write a novel. Journaling can be as simple as writing your goals for the day or writing what you accomplished at the end of each day (I took care of myself today!). If you want to dive further, allow yourself 10-15 minutes of writing whatever comes to your mind. You may be surprised to see how this simple practice can have a profound impact on your daily life.
- Eat to live, don’t live to eat. Eat to nourish your body, not just to pass time or get over that afternoon slump. Before you dive in, ask yourself how is that food is going to nourish you? Of course, there will always be times when your treat of choice wins out and that’s okay too! Enjoy it and let it nourish you in the ways you need it to at that particular moment.
- Gratitude. Each and every day, reflect on at least one thing to be grateful for. No matter the trials and tribulations you may face, there is always, always something to be grateful for. This is a powerful and life-changing practice that you can do anytime, anywhere.
Are you surprised by anything on this list? What would you add that helps to keep your days and weeks running smoothly?