Cleanse Nutrition Recipes
Sesame Teriyaki Tofu & QuinoaPosted by FJ Leto on November 8, 2021
1 block of extra firm tofu
2 tablespoons sesame oil
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 tablespoon sesame seeds (white, black or toasted)
½ teaspoon of garlic powder or 1 fresh clove minced
1 –2 tablespoons tamari (gluten free) or soy sauce
1 cup uncooked quinoa
1 ½ cups water or vegetable broth
2 green onions, thinly sliced
Salt to taste
Cooking the Tofu
- Toss tofu in sesame oil and maple syrup and let sit for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add tofu to the saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic powder or minced garlic, saute 3 minutes.
- Add tamari and sesame seeds, cook until tofu is golden on each side.
- Remove tofu from the pan and set aside.
Cooking the Quinoa
- Add dry quinoa and cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently (you can use the same pan.
- Add water/broth, bring to boil.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, uncover, add tofu but do not stir, and let sit for 10 min to soak up the rest of the water.
- Add onions and salt to taste.
- Top dish with extra sesame oil, sesame seeds and tamari to taste.
- Serve alongside your favorite greens!